- 210g sweet pastry
- 160g sugar
- 130ml double cream
- 5 eggs
- 2 lemons
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Line a 20cm lightly buttered tart ring with the sweet pastry, chill.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar in a bowl until smooth, add the juice of the lemons followed by the double cream, whisking until smooth, reserve in the fridge.
- Line the tart case with clingfilm, fill with baking beans and blind bake for 15 minutes, carefully remove the clingfilm, brush the case with a beaten egg and return the tart to the oven for a further 5 minutes (or until golden brown).
- Lower the oven temperature to 100ºC. Fill the tart case with the lemon mixture and cook until the mixture is set but still slightly wobbly.
- Leave to cool in the fridge then trim off the excess pastry with a sharp knife, gently remove the tart ring and divide into 8 portions.
Make sure the lemons are nice and zesty for that extra tang.